Monday, July 14, 2008

Inspirational Poetry by Kimberly Edge

Never Lose Yourself
by Kimberly Lanell Edge


Never let them drift away in a whirl of wind
The dreams and goals, aspirations, you
Through my eyes, talent left to rot is a sin
Determine we must our lives, a clue


There are many talent-filled, but shiftless
Knowledge abounds, the potential, but trapped, forsaken
Obstacles, low self esteem, the plagues, one
Not I, I declare, not a piece but the pie I have taken


Your foundation, your chance that foot in the door, you must create
When an opportunity knocks, rend the door from its hinges
Never lose the faith that carries you, never wait
Perhaps I am extreme, one of the few, one of the fringes


Let us hasten together through the narrow opening, I transmit
Let us, not just I, remember the rest, fulfill the ultimate
I am only sure of one truth, my destiny
And as I rise, you shall rise with me.

Kimberly L. Edge

For more visit: http://sistapreneurs.ning.com/profile/KimberlyLanellEdge/

Thank you for allowing me to post Kimberly :)

No comments:

Shop The Cocoa Inspiration Bookstore