Monday, May 5, 2008

Who Am I????




This morning I woke up rushing, I went and gently woke the kids and pushed them toward the restroom, I helped them get dressed, combed their hair, put some clothes in the washer, made my bed, and thought about what we were going to eat tonight.




I thought about my bills, the price of gas, and my non-existent love life. I thought how can help in making sure my girls feel positive about being black girls in society. I starting getting dressed and accidentally looked at myself in the mirror.




Who is that? "She could be really cute if she took the time" but then I said, "What time"?




So out the door, rush, rush, rush,




I took them to daycare and school, but remembered the woman in the mirror. I would really like to get to know her.




I thought about ways of finding a healthy balance. Balance in my mind, balance in loving myself, balance with dealing with my hidden issues (such as depression, self-esteem, and fear) exploring new things, and not being afraid to love again.




She is "Me" only now with armor, protecting herself from the world while burying herself in commitments.

No comments:

Shop The Cocoa Inspiration Bookstore