Saturday, May 10, 2008

Beauty of Free

What is in the word "Beauty"?

When I think of beauty, I think of something natural, free, and pleasurable.
It can be a relationship, a person, or an activity.


"Free" is Beauty, when we enjoy the freedom of playtime we often feel better. My personal theory on depression is that most of us do not indulge in our passions of being "free" to sing, dance, laugh, write, color, or explore; as we were did as children. As adults it is taboo to play and it is looked at as a negative act of irresponsibility because it is not productive.


Why do I care? Well, I spend a lot of time thinking, what is my passion in life? I keep looking at various careers only to realize that perhaps my passion is being "free" to explore, write, laugh, and be creative, rather than institutionalized. Only problem, I haven't figured out exactly how being "free" is going to keep the mortgage paid.

I suspect that most of us end up convincing ourselves that "work" or the manifestation of the negative theory of "work" is the only answer.

I don't get a pedicure often because I can't afford them. but, I was very inspired by a Vietnamese woman who told me that her passion was doing pedicures; She loved making feet pretty. At first I was very embarrassed by the condition of my feet, but she was able to put me at ease about the situation. I could see and feel her passion as she worked very hard to make them pretty. I thought "wow" that is beautiful. She feels "free" rather than institutionalized when doing pedicures, even one like this.

No comments:

Shop The Cocoa Inspiration Bookstore